The same tragedy occurred like it happened 3 years ago. It was November 28th when she left this world. My grandmother at the age of 86 years old died early in the morning. I was devastated because one week before another member of my family died too. This was my first experience with dead. Of course I knew that people had to die some day and I know that this is a situation that is out of our hands. No matter what it was hard for me. It was hard not to miss someone that loved you so much with all of the pureness of her heart. It was hard not to miss someone that always cared about you and your life.
She was born in Toluca and she lived her last year of life with my aunt. She was the sister of my mother (my aunt). That year was unique and amazing. By that time I was in high school finishing the 3rd semester. I used to go to my aunt’s house in order to spend some time with my grandmother. She used to telling me stories about her young life. It was unique to listening someone who had lived when the revolutionary days of our country were happening. Every time I was in my aunt’s house my grandmother and I walked in the garden in order to make some exercise with her legs because of her disease. We could spend hours talking or just sat down outside the house (in the garden) without saying anything and watching the sunset.
I can say that we had a non understandable connection. I really can’t explain it with words, but we both understand perfectly well; although, my family has some problems. I think that when she died a part of my die too. Many people can understand this, many others can’t but it happens.
On August of that year my niece was born. For everybody in my house was a perfect gift from heaven to us. She replaced that empty place that my grandmother left when she died. I think that sometimes when you lose something life rewards you with something else. I learned that maybe life can become difficult and you can feel lost and empty when someone who you love so much dies.
Last year my grandfather died on November 27th. It was sad but not difficult because I knew both my grandmother and my grandfather were together taking care of me somewhere. I also have the happiness that my 3 year old niece brings me with her little mouth smiling to me with the innocence of a life that is starting to live. Now remembering November won’t be hard.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario